02/04/2010

Friska Viljor at Strand

Swedish Popaganda club is celebrating easter, "Påsken", all weekend long at Hornstulls Strand. Yesterday whilst beer was expensive as ever, man size chicken rocked it out on the old school hip hop floor and Friska Viljor played a fantastic live set.

It was the first time I saw the band from Stockholm but not the first time I heard about them. In Germany their fanbase is huge, the band has even written songs about it's love for the place, and my housemates in Berlin last year were surprised to hear I did not know of the band. Either way, last night they quite frankly blew me away.

A friend and I came to the conclusion that if you mixed Frans Ferdinand's energy and tie suits, Johnossi's harder rock aspects and sound, Soundtrack Of Our Lives' brilliant live qualitites (and beards) with a tiny hint of Mika's high pitched voice you might find something similar to Friska Viljor. Still, this was so much better than that combination could ever be.

So do check these guys out, it's about time they get some recognition outside of Germany.

No comments: