17/08/2008

Rock and Roll is Dead! All Hail Rock and Roll!

Being a girl from Sweden moving to Berlin in a month I obviously got tickets to see In Flames live in Berlin on the 25th of October. In Flames are amazing live and they are one of my favourite bands ever. After The Hellacopters that is. I have no doubt I would win any Biggest Hellacopter Fan Competition ever and am devastated at the fact that they are leaving us.

So I was thrilled to hear that the Kings of Rock n Roll are doing one last club tour here in Sweden, ending it with their final concert at Debaser Medis in Stockholm. I would so grab a flight home for that occasion alone.

But the thrill was soon exchanged for terror when I realised that that concert is on the 26th of October. The day after the In Flames gig in Berlin. WHAT DO I DO?! I am seriously contemplating getting the first damn flight from Berlin to Stockholm that leaves after the In Flames gig. In fact I will. There is no way I'm missing the heartbreaking event, the funeral, the end of an era, the thankyou-we-will-always-love-you that that gig will be.

Talk about a kick ass weekend, I can't wait for it but at the same time I don't want it o happen. I know it will end in tears.


(The Hellacopters also play Berlin on the 29th of September. Get in!)

No comments: